Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tattoo Weekend Columbus & Cincinnati

I'm excited for this weekend. Tomorrow I'm heading to Columbus, Ohio so that's just a short hour drive. I'm a do a little shopping and then head to "Inspired By Ink". My friend Josh who tattooed my cupcake on my lower stomach works there now. My longtime friend Adrian from Chicago will be guest spot tattooing at Josh's shop in Columbus tomorrow (Thursday). Josh asked if I wanted to get tattooed and of course I said yes. (I get the tats fro free) So we decided on adding to the cupcake piece. I'm going to get ice cream cones on each side of the cupcake. I was poppy colors (blue, light green, purple, pink etc.) I drew on some ice cream cones on myself to get an idea of how the placement will look and I like it. I'll definitely be putting up the real tattoo when finished but here's my drawing of the concept.

Then early Friday morning I'm following Adrian to Cincinnati where we got a hotel for the weekend for the tattoo convention there. This will actually be my first time at a tattoo convention. This one is at the Bengals football stadium which is outside and a bit odd but we'll see how it goes.
Adrian is going to be doing a competition piece on my left foot. I believe it's going to be all black ink and where doing the Pittsburgh Steelers helmet and some other background stuff and words. It's ironic to be doing a Steelers piece in one of their rivals (Bengals) stadium.

This will be my first tattoo on my feet. I've heard it's painful and Adrian just got his foot tattooed the other day and said it hurts. But, I'm really not worried. Bones don't bother me, it's soft parts like the stomach and I have other painful parts like my chest, ribs and spine so we'll see. Besides, I like the pain of tattoos - you can call me a masochist.

I really want to tattoo someone as well, so hopefully I'll get the chance. The rest of the trip will be partying with friends and exploring Cincinnati a bit.

Here is Adrian's tattoo shop in Justice, IL right outside Chicago.
Justice Tattoo

He is the owner and an artist. He's been doing it professionally for about 2 years so he's always growing but he's very talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment