Sunday, March 13, 2011

Music made my weekend

Music:
This was a great weekend for me in terms of learning about some great things going on in hip hop. I heard that Talib Kweli and Mos Def are performing their famous "Blackstar" album from 1999 on the "Rock The Bells Tour" this summer. I've been meaning to go to this tour for years and I am not missing it this summer. They haven't released all the artists yet but this album is one of the best albums to ever be created in the hip hop world. They usually do cities like SF, LA, Chicago, DC, NY and I have plans of going to NY for this show.

The concept of the tour is Ol' School & Underground hip hop. Last year they had Lauren Hill perform and she never performs any more. The entire Wu Tang Clan performed as well, they were the big head liners.

Speaking of Wu Tang Clan - Raekwon's new album "Shaolin vs Wu Tang" is another masterpiece. These are the types of artists who create good hip hop down to the core. The entire album is amazing but my favorite songs are:
1. Rich & Black feat. Nas
2. Masters of our fate feat. Black Though (from the Roots)
3. Molasses feat. Rick Ross & Ghostface Killah
4. The hills feat. Method Man & Raheem Devaughn

Being kinky and a hip hop lover seems to be a rare combination in the bdsm community but I am a lover of both and this album has my stamp of approval

No comments:

Post a Comment