Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kinky People vs. The Kinky Act

My head is running with so many things to talk about lately but as promised to the people I'm staying with here in Chicago this post is about kinky people vs. a kinky act. I briefly talked about this in a previous post titled, "A Touchy Topic: The Fetish Industry" but I'm a go into a bit more detail.

Last week the people I'm staying with had a few friends over and we all had a great big dinner and some drinks together. Now me plus 3 others are what you would call kinky people while the other was a guy who enjoyed a kinky act on occasion, if you can even call it that. The thing is, he completely agreed with us but they were all like, "You have to blog about this!"

Kinky People:
Kink is more than what we do when where all "hot and bothered". It's truly a part of who we are. I'm not saying that we are all kinky every single day of our lives but our mind operates differently. For example, I see a funnel and think of all the nasty things I could do with it. It could work for watersports, breath control, & enemas. I mean have I ever really used a funnel for cooking purposes. Maybe I have but I can't think of a time when I actually did but I can think of many other purposes for a funnel.

Kink is a hell of a lot more than sex to the kinky person. When I actually doing kinky activities with someone else my main concern is not putting my dick inside of them. In fact, in most circumstances that is the absolute last thing on my mind. I don't want to get into lifestyle kink because that's an entirely different topic.

"The Kinky Act"
This was the example used over our dinner conversation. The woman I'm staying with said this, "My husband thinks kinky is a girl stripping and putting her panties on his head and teasing him. Now that may be sexy but that is not kinky." Everyone at the table agreed including her husband. There was a time when he thought he was kinky, but then he quickly found out that he wasn't. Sure he had a few fantasies but doesn't everyone to some extent.

This whole topic actually came about over the Rihanna, S&M song/video.
Rihanna S&M

On one hand we all thought that the concept of BDSM becoming more mainstream was good because it's showing that society is becoming more and more OK with alternative sexual cultures. The video itself did get some whiplash but Rihanna stood behind it in which I applaud her for doing. On the other hand, as BDSM becomes more mainstream there are more and more people in this world who just don't understand it. They aren't educated on the topic nor do many of them want to learn. People who generally find kink find it because deep down inside of them they know that this is a part of who they are.

BDSM is a taboo culture and that's something I enjoy about it. I enjoy the different, the freaky, the fear of the unknown, the danger and all the sexual deviancy. It's not for everyone but it is for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment