Thursday, January 27, 2011

Super Bowl to Flu

Sunday I was excited to watch the 2 conference championship NFL games. I was hoping it would be the Bears vs. Steelers because that is my dream match up. It's a win-win for me. I would still be rooting for the Steelers but would also be very happy if the Bears won. As we know that did not happen but the Steelers are back in the super bowl, the 3rd time since 2005.
Anyone that knows me knows I'm a HUGE Steelers fan. I have been since I was about 7. I'm also a die hard Cubs fan but this is football season.

So the Steelers play the Packers for the title and at least all my Chicago friends are Steeler fans for the time being. Just after the game I started to feel pretty bad. I thought I would take a shower to warm up as I had chills but I knew I was getting sick when I was taking a super hot shower and yet I was still freezing cold. Sunday night was hell and I have an 8:30am class on Monday and go to school until 6pm. I slept with clothes on and under 2 comforters and 2 blankets. I finally fall to sleep about 1:30 and at 2:30 my phone rings and it's a withheld number. It's someone pranking me, the person knew my name but I didn't recognize their voice and still have no idea who it was. I don't get phone pranks so that was a bit strange. The guy was like, "Why you fucking my wife? You think it's ok to be fucking my wife" and so forth. I hung up and they called me back and I was like dude I'm sick as hell and have to wake up in 4 hours for school so leave me the fuck alone and he did thankfully. None the less that was strange and then I couldn't fall back to sleep for another hour, I was pissed.

I went to class Monday morning and showed up 30 minutes early. Not on purpose, I was just so out of it that I thought that was when class started. I even called my teacher asking him if he cancelled class. I had to laugh when I realized how out of it I was. After class I went straight to the doctor and was told I have the flu. So the past few days I've locked myself in my room and have done lots of sleeping, very little eating and taking lots of medication. Finally, around mid day today I felt like my fever has finally left me. So, I do feel a bit better and I should be getting back to my normal schedule here over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment