Sunday, January 16, 2011

My sisters pregnant again

 So I just found out that my sister is pregnant again. This will be her 3rd child in 3 years. She has a little boy and a little girl. Now, she is 7 years older than me and she is married. Both her and her husband have a good job but my initial reaction to her being pregnant again was anger. They live in the Chicago area and I spent Christmas with her this past year as I usually do. Right away I had noticed that she was a bit thin and tired. My mom had said the same thing to me actually on the phone just a little bit ago.
 Last I had talked to her was only about 3-4 weeks ago and she said that she wasn't even sure if she wanted to have another kid. Initially she wanted 3 or 4 but she's had 2 in 2 years and then you have to figure in the economy. She just wanted to "get back to normal" get comfortable and so forth. Now she's having another one.
 We used to be really close but were just in 2 completely different places in our lives right now and we live 500 miles apart. I really hope her husband get's his tubes tied and that this is the last one, at least for some years because she needs that break.
 I guess if I never have my own kids I'm at least an uncle to 3. I'm sure things will work out just fine for her but I'm just worried right now. Worried that it's a bit too much too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment