Tuesday, January 18, 2011

7 week Road Trip part 2

I was supposed to take a train from DC to Chicago because I hate flying. I used to like flying as a kid but now I hate it and avoid it at all costs. But, the train ticket prices kept going up because it was around Christmas and they wanted over $300 for a 18 hour train ride and that was a waste of money so I ended up flying out of Baltimore Dec. 21  to Chicago. It ended up being a really smooth flight but that was 2 hours of torture that I didn't want to consent to in any manner. BTW, no airplane magazine should mention death in any of their articles. Every time I saw that it was just on to the next article.

Now I'm born and raised in Chicago. I moved to Ohio my senior year of high school. I was actually renting an apartment in Chicago when I still had 2 months to go my senior year in Ohio. After graduation I moved back to Chicago and then I just moved back to Ohio late December 2009 after my break up and to finish my Bachelors degree at Ohio University.

Back to the story I got in to Chicago and I did a whole lot of drinking and eating. Chicago has some of the best food. Got some deep dish pizza, the best hot dogs on earth from Gene & Judes and lots of Mexican food. Christmas Eve I went out to my sisters house in the suburbs and it was the first time I saw her daughter who is about 9 months old now. I met my mother and her husband (who live in Ohio currently) at my sisters as well. There was a little get together and that was fun until I went to sleep and I was woken up by 2 screaming and crying kids all night.

Christmas day was back to Des Plaines, IL where my uncle has Christmas every year. I was looking good that day, I love to be looking nice. Fast forward to New Years Eve. Me and my vanilla friends rented a hotel room and went to a bar. It was the best NYE I've had yet. I drank a whole lot and danced for hours upon hours. I was definitely hung over the next day and kind of looked like I got hit by a train when we got breakfast but overall it wasn't too bad.

I was supposed to go back to Ohio Jan 3rd. I was able to get to Cincinnati or Pittsburgh but didn't have a way to get down to school. School started on the 3rd but I didn't get back to Ohio until Jan. 8th. So I got to hang out with VonLivid again. She runs www.houseofbias.com latex company. I've known her for nearly 8 years now and it's always fun to hang out with her. She is actually the only person to have ever kept me in chastity. When I was 19 I went 13 days in a CB-3000. One night while I was there we were drinking and the topic came up. She was going to put me in a device with the goal to double that to 26 days but the device was broke so we had to put that off till next time.

Then there was an event going on at The Studio www.thestudiochicago.com and I hadn't attended a Chicago kink event for over a year because every time I visited Chicago over the past year I kept missing all the events. So my good friend Holland and I went together and had a good time. I didn't end up playing and wasn't really looking to. I just wanted to get out and see some old faces that I hadn't in some time. It was an O.K. turn out but I was happy to see Xena, Purple Goddess, and a few other attendees that I won't mention by name. I did get to meet Miss Clawdia whom I had never actually met. But, I knew she was a "legend" in Chicago and I had some mutual friends especially Madame Ingrid from Pittsburgh.

I don't think I've ever drank so much in my life. I put on around 12-15 pounds in 18 days there. I'm a thin guy and will loose that pretty easily getting back to my school routine. But, I remember counting how much I had drank there and it was 16 out of 18 nights. I got food poisoning from Durkins bar in Lincoln Park but I still love that place as it's the BEST Steelers bar in Chicago. I was down and out for about 24 hours but after that I was good. I also got to go to Twisted Spoke on Grand & Ogden 3 times while there. 1/2 off whisky Wednesday's and that includes all whisky. I love that place and I get some really great deals from the Manager so it's an added incentive. They also have amazing food. It's safe to say I went over my budget while there. I was there 5 days longer than expected and spent WAY too much money. Oh, well.

That about wraps up most of my 7 week road trip. I probably won't be back in Chicago until the summer but I plan to be in DC/Baltimore sometime in Feb. and I plan to most likely be there for Spring break which is a week long in mid March.

A FEW PICTURES FROM CHICAGO
Pic 1 - NYE
Pic 2 - Christmas w/ Family
Pic 3 - Drunk after my 1st trip to Twisted Spoke



2 comments: