Monday, May 30, 2011

Finals Near & The Summer

This past week has been filled with my last full week of classes. We don't have classes tomorrow because it's Memorial Day. Since I only have class Monday's and Wednesday's my last day of classes is Wednesdays. I have a project due in my Coms Interpersonal Class and a paper and presentation due in my Coms Persuasions class. Not to mention typical homework due in English plus the intro to our final paper due. Then the following week is finals. I've done most of my homework and tomorrow is a rather simple day. Going to go  across the the street to another apartment complex to get drunk with the Swimmers girls team and then meet with one of my groups to finalize everything. I've spent Friday and Saturday getting all my work done.

Tonight I went over to my friends house, where all the swimmers gather, (I'm just friends with a bunch of them). Started drinking around 7 and it's 1am now, I just got home and so I'm rather drunk. I had a good time tonight but I must say that I'm ready for summer to be here. This weekend is one of the less populated weekends on campus because everyone leaves for the holiday. Were one of the few colleges still in class during this weekend because were on quarters and not semesters.

Although I had a fun time tonight I was hoping Bobcat would make it out but he didn't. I've become good friends with him but he's comfortable living a much more laid back life than me. I like for my life to  be more interesting. Maybe I'm just missing the city life. Well actually I am, I'm surprised I've lasted a year in a half in the "country" with limited time in cities. The country just isn't cut out for me and I'm ready for summer to be here so that I can make my way to the cities and most of all Chicago.

The country is just too mundane for me. I wanted to make it to my mothers today in Ohio for their little gathering. Since I didn't make it I probably won't see her until August. I needed Bobcat to go with me and I kind of thought he would be down to go but he wasn't and so I was stuck here in Athens. I'm done with school June 9th and then "Scortched Nuts" is here right by Athens Ohio which is a mini burning man event. Bobcat helps put it on so I'm going which is the 9th - 12th. Then either the 13th or 14th I'm supposed to start my east coast kinky road trip with Andriana Santos and Delilah out of New York. I'm just waiting for them to confirm the dates and then I'll post them here.

After that I'll be in Chicago for the 4th of July and I'm looking forward to one of the best summers of my life. Rock The Bells released their hip hop line up, dates and cities and I'm pumped. The New York City date is for September 3rd which is 3 days before my 25th birthday. I've been meaning to make this concert for years and this year I'm not missing it. Tickets are released June 4th and I'm already amped to make this show, especially in New York. They have a fantastic lineup this year.

Lauren Hill - Performing the Miseducation of Lauren Hill, Nas - Illmatic, Erykah Badu, Cypress Hill, Mos Def & Talib Qweli - BlackStar, Raekwon & Ghostface (Wu Tang) - Only built for Cubin Linx, Mobb Deep - The Infamous, GZA (Wu Tang) - Liquid Swords, Immortal Technique, Souls of Mischief - 93 Till Infinity + Masta Killa & Evidence. This has to be one of the best lineups they have had plus more underground artists. I'm so pumped. Now I just have to see who is going with me. I know Nikki Domino out of Baltimore/DC wanted to go but I'm a try and get some of my Chicago friends to go too.

Anyone who is an Old School (90's) or underground hip hop head doesn't want to miss this show. I'm a go to bed now. Wake up have some Memorial day fun and then back to homework. Thankfully school is almost over until the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment