Friday, August 10, 2012

Arizona: Here I come

I’ve been gone from here for a little while now but for good reason. I’ve graduated from Ohio University and I’ve been in Chicago for 2 months now. I’ve been working 40 plus hours for free as I’ve been doing an internship downtown. It’s been one of the best experiences of my life. I’ve got 2 more weeks with the internship and one more week after that in Chicago. Then I’m officially on my way to Arizona near the end of August.
I’ve got an apartment in Scottsdale, Arizona and I’m more excited now than I’ve ever been for the move. It’s a fresh slate, something different, something new. I’ve never been to Arizona, let alone out west. I’m excited to take my skills and knowledge and put it forth into my first career position. I love Chicago and with it being my home town I’ll always be in the city at least on some level. Whether it be visiting family and friends or occasionally in town for certain holidays or with me relocating back to the area in the future… who knows. With all that said, I’m ready to leave Chicago on my own terms.
My move to Ohio was never really on my own terms. I was there my senior year of high school and I didn’t want to be there. I went back for 2 ½ years of college but that was more or less because I was backed into a corner and it was the smartest choice at the time. This is the first time I’m making a big move because I want to. Of course there are a few nerves with such a large move but for the most part its excitement.
I’m ready to let my career take off. I’m excited for a drastically different environment than I’ve ever been exposed to (the desert). There seems to be lots of opportunities for being outdoors which I love. I’ll be driving distances from other cities on the west coast; Vegas, L.A., San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas, Houston and more. I’ll also be close to Mexico and I look forward to visiting some northern Mexican cities. Plus I’ll be exposed to a new kink scene in Arizona and the west coast as a whole. I look forward to attending DomCon L.A. for the first time come 2013.
It’s simply refreshing to be taking that next step in my life. I’m looking forward to all the new people and experiences to be had as well as catching up with some old acquaintances out west. I’ve learned that I can’t be in one place for that long of a time (a couple months). I just need to get out and travel every once in a while and this move allows me to explore a part of the country & continent I haven’t seen yet.
Once I’m settled in Arizona I will be blogging more. More about me in the world of kink to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment